New for the 2006 Yamaha YZ250F on 4Strokes.com
4Strokes.com Yamaha Related Articles: New for 2006 Yamaha
New for the 2006 Yamaha YZ250F:
- Speed-Sensitive System 48mm Kayaba fork move the TCV (transfer control
valves) above the fork springs, so that damping force is now controlled
by piston speed; that prevents mid-stroke damping force changes, for
a smoother, more precise ride.
- Titanium-sprung, four-way adjustable rear shock rod diameter is 2mm
bigger. New, Kashima coating reduces friction for fantastic compliance
and great handling.
- An all-new aluminum frame provides fantastic handling.
- Carburetion and exhaust changes let the 249cc four-stroke breathe
free all the way to 13,500 RPM, and a new radiator keeps it cool.
- Moving the dry sump oil tank ahead of the engine provides overall
balance and handling and minimizes external oil lines.
- New CDI magneto provides a hot, consistent spark across the powerband
for right-now throttle response.
- Trick new bits include a light, strong ProTaper aluminum handlebar
in adjustable clamps, Excel rims and a cool new exhaust system.
- A special 50th anniversary model.
4Strokes.com Articles: Yamaha