4Strokes.com
KTM Home Four Strokes Articles Classifieds Free Ads 4stroke Forums motorbike Games cycle Images quads Videos dirt bike Ride Info 4wheelers Sponsors rider Technical freebies Contests site Search dirt cycle Contact off road
XR100 Carb float height & air screw Settings? on 4Strokes.com Forums

4Strokes.com Forums

Classifieds | Honda CRF | Honda XR/XL | Kawasaki | KTM | Suzuki | Yamaha | Chinese | Other Makes | ATV | Misc | Ride

Active Topics | Subscriptions | All Forums | Register | Members | Search Forums | Forum How-To's | Policies | Contact
Username:    Password:  
Remain Logged In (Easier for return visits)
Click to Reset Password
 All Forums
 Honda CT FMX NX XL XR Z Forums
 CT FMX NX XL XR Z - Powertrain & Drivetrain
 XR100 Carb float height & air screw Settings?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hawker
00 XR100R

Hawker has no Avatar

3 Posts

Topic started on 12/16/2002 at 4:51:18 PM  Member Profile
I just purchased an '00 XR100 (woohoo!); unfortunately, the carburetor came in a plastic bag completely disassembled. I have a new gasket kit, and am familiar with doing carb work, but cannot find the settings (float height, air screw) anywhere. I'd like to get the bike back together tonight, and being Monday there's none local to call. Thanks in advance.

minifig-phil
Kitchener, Ont

Canada
357 Posts

Posted on 12/17/2002 at 07:56:07 AM  Member Profile
I don't think the float height is adjustable. and the air screw is 1 1/2 turns out from full in.

Make sure it's really clean!!!

Maco
E Kauai, HI

Maco has no Avatar

USA
366 Posts

Posted on 12/17/2002 at 10:33:25 PM  Member Profile
Hawker-My manual that goes up to 88 on the xr100 says float level at12.5mm. Pilot screw at 1 3/4 out to start.A lot of us listen for the engine to pick up rpm.s then bakc out 1/4 turn after that.I Think your float level is about the same even though yours is a 00

XR200 "01".Afam sprocket RK chain 909 handlebar,progressive fork springs, race tech emulators,moose hndgrds

Hawker
00 XR100R

Hawker has no Avatar

3 Posts

Posted on 12/18/2002 at 02:03:23 AM  Member Profile
thanks for the help. The bike is up and running! minifig : the carb was cleaned by a shop (looked _really_ clean). I used the 1 3/4 seting for the pilot screw, but need to re-check the float height. Started first kick! It's a bit cold-natured, but once it's warmed-up it runs great! I have plans to make it into getting it street legal and turning it into a scooter/mini roadracer. I'll post pictures/more info as the project develops.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2014 4Strokes.com Forums Forums Code by Snitz Forums 2000 Click to go to top Go to top of page
Copyright © 2014 4Strokes.com | All Rights Reserved | Terms of Use | Sitemap | Link to 4Strokes.com | Facebook | Share This Page