4Strokes.com Forums

Classifieds | Honda CRF | Honda XR/XL | Kawasaki | KTM | Suzuki | Yamaha | Chinese | Other Makes | ATV | Misc | Ride

Active Topics | Subscriptions | All Forums | Register | Members | Search Forums | Forum How-To's | Policies | Contact
Username:    Password:  
Remain Logged In (Easier for return visits)
Click to Reset Password
 All Forums
 Suzuki Four-Stroke 2-Wheel Forums
 Suzuki 4-Stroke - Powertrain & Drivetrain
 77 RM400 2 storke question.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kirbi69

kirbi69 has no Avatar

3 Posts

Topic started on 05/03/2004 at 7:08:20 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
hey, a friend of mien has three old 77 RM 400's. heres the problem. on all three of them, he claims the stator is bad. and it cost 8- bucks to buy a new one. now i know almost nothign about suzuki's, especialy old 2 stroke suzuki's. so heres my question, is the stator a part on a bike that would be going out now on an old racing bike?
ive never had one go out.

85 Xl600R
84 xl125S -300 original miles, perfect.

jeffke
Villajoyosa

Spain
140 Posts

Posted on 05/07/2004 at 3:20:40 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven´t got a clue so the only thing I can suggest is that you visit www.suzukionly.net and send a email to John Van. It´s a site about vintage suzuki mx bikes. Maybe he can give you the information you´re after or even fix the stators. Good luck and take care of those bikes, they are worth a lot of money. Jeff

01 DRZ400s - E cams, E compression, dynojet mod, compl CRD exaust, IMS tank, FX graphics, fatbar, acerbis head and tail light, Michelin baja tires, fork modded, all junk removed
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2014 4Strokes.com Forums Forums Code by Snitz Forums 2000 Click to go to top Go to top of page
Copyright © 2014 4Strokes.com | All Rights Reserved | Terms of Use | Link to 4Strokes.com