4Strokes.com
best engine upgrade for 50cc. 88cc what maker on 4Strokes.com Forums

4Strokes.com Forums

Classifieds | Honda CRF | Honda XR/XL | Kawasaki | KTM | Suzuki | Yamaha | Chinese | Other Makes | ATV | Misc | Ride

Active Topics | Subscriptions | All Forums | Register | Members | Search Forums | Forum How-To's | Policies | Contact
Username:    Password:  
Remain Logged In (Easier for return visits)
Click to Reset Password
 All Forums
 Honda CRF Forums
 Honda CRF - Powertrain & Drivetrain
 best engine upgrade for 50cc. 88cc what maker
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

01R1
04 CRF50F

01R1 has no Avatar

26 Posts

Topic started on 06/10/2004 at 8:52:57 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
there is so many different engine head kits and what not. I whant to know which one I can put on myself? which one has the most power for the money. I want a new carb with it to so I dont have to mess with jetting. you guys are the best .please help 2004crf50f is the bike I want to put it on.please tell me the ones you have and what you think of them. I need help dont want crap on my new bike. thanx any help is help!!!

Hypercub
XL50

Hypercub has no Avatar

Netherlands
6 Posts

Posted on 06/11/2004 at 01:57:51 AM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
There are quite a number of options available.
What engine capacity do you want?
72cc,80,85 or 88 cc?
How much are you willing to spend?
Do you want to use the standard cylinderhead?
Do you want the maximum power over a broad rpm range, or do you want peak power?
Do you want to be able, when piston and cylinder are worn, to fit an overbore piston? Or just replace things?

A cheap, easy and overall good kit would be a takegawa 51 (85cc) or 52 (88cc)mm cylinderkit with flat-top piston and 20mm carb.
You`d probably need to have the intake on your standard cylinderhead worked
on to fit a bigger carb, but other than that it`s the easiest option.

XL50 with '83 XL100 motor

01R1
04 CRF50F

01R1 has no Avatar

26 Posts

Posted on 06/11/2004 at 1:59:23 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
takegawa 88 I think it sounds good but. what are you talking about having the cylider worked ? I dont understand . the carb wont fit?
now back to one of your other ?s I would like more power at low end I dont know. I guess power over a long a broad range of rpm's would be better for me.
I was thinking around 500$
thanx please give me more help thanx alot hypercub

Hypercub
XL50

Hypercub has no Avatar

Netherlands
6 Posts

Posted on 06/14/2004 at 09:30:15 AM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
With "the cylinderhead should be worked on" i meant that the intake and the inlet on the cylinderhead should match the size of the carb.

XL50 with '83 XL100 motor

01R1
04 CRF50F

01R1 has no Avatar

26 Posts

Posted on 06/14/2004 at 5:32:19 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
ok nay more help still tekegawa 88cc then comes with a 20 mm carb right

hondabreaker
Westbrook, ME

hondabreaker has no Avatar

USA
187 Posts

Posted on 06/14/2004 at 6:24:40 PM  Member Profile  Send hondabreaker an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think the best kit would be the bbr 110 kit. I've heard the 50's with the 110 kit go as fast if not faster than an xr250

'99 YZ400F - Acerbis plastics, one industries graphics, excel rims, Terminator clutch cable, black renthal fat bars, Pro grip 797 grips, GYT-r gripper seat cover, Acerbis MX light flag handguards, applied racing triple clamps, Pro-Action suspension, GYT-r titanium header, carbon fiber header guard, carbon fiber frame/brake guard, carbon fiber levers, carbon fiber upper fork, GYT-r carbon fiber exhaust, bald rear tire

01R1
04 CRF50F

01R1 has no Avatar

26 Posts

Posted on 06/14/2004 at 8:56:15 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
I think thats too much money though.how much?does it come with a crb?and can I put I on myself ?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2014 4Strokes.com Forums Forums Code by Snitz Forums 2000 Click to go to top Go to top of page
Copyright © 2014 4Strokes.com | All Rights Reserved | Terms of Use | Sitemap | Link to 4Strokes.com | Facebook | Share This Page