4Strokes.com
KTM Home Four Strokes Articles Classifieds Free Ads 4stroke Forums motorbike Games cycle Images quads Videos dirt bike Ride Info 4wheelers Sponsors rider Technical freebies Contests site Search dirt cycle Contact off road
2005 RMZ 250 (having many problems) on 4Strokes.com Forums

4Strokes.com Forums

Classifieds | Honda CRF | Honda XR/XL | Kawasaki | KTM | Suzuki | Yamaha | Chinese | Other Makes | ATV | Misc | Ride

Active Topics | Subscriptions | All Forums | Register | Members | Search Forums | Forum How-To's | Policies | Contact
Username:    Password:  
Remain Logged In (Easier for return visits)
Click to Reset Password
 All Forums
 Suzuki Four-Stroke 2-Wheel Forums
 Suzuki 4-Stroke - Powertrain & Drivetrain
 2005 RMZ 250 (having many problems)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Josh53598
05 RM-Z250

Josh53598 has no Avatar

2 Posts

Topic started on 04/29/2006 at 2:06:00 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright guys, I have a few questions about my RMZ 250 and i would really appreciate it if someone helped me out. Well I just purchased a 2005 RMZ 250 around Janurary of 05. Well I have already had major problems with the bike and I was wondering if it was my fault or did i get a "lemon". After about 6 month of riding the bike, i was at the track one day and the gears just like suddenly blew. I did everything normal everyone told me to do and NEVER took apart the engine cuz I was afraid to mess it up. i always took it to a mechanic. Well i took it to the mechanic and they told me that the gears just break by themselves so i had to replace all these gears and other things in the motor and they charged me about 700 bucks just for that. And that bike was only 6 months old. Well I got it fixed and started riding again. Well yesterday i went to the track and i tried kick starting my bike and the kickstart just gave and made a really loud crack noise and it just came really loose. Well the gears in the crank case came loose and went though the case of the motor. So they made a big gash in the motor and now you can see the gears sticking out through the motor. I didnt even think that was possible. Well i took it to the suzuki mechanic AGAIN and so now i need new bushings new gears and a new case which is going to cost about 500 bucks which is on back order. The mechanic said the reason it did that was because one of the gears came loose because they have like little small axles that hold them down so when i kickstarted it, it broke and went up and though the motor. All of this I am pretty sure has not been my fault but now I have to pay for this and its going to cost 1200 dollars. That means i am going to put 2,000 dollars in my bike thats only a year old and all of this isnt even my fault. Has anyone ever been in a situation like this. Anyone else have problems with their RMZs???Do you think i would be able to contact the suzuki company so i could talk to them so they could at least help me out with parts cuz this is cr*p. I mean all this money for nothing...Anyways just thought there was anybody out there that could give me some info on anything....Thanks

b_king
Oakville, ON

Canada
4566 Posts

Posted on 04/29/2006 at 3:42:11 PM  Member Profile  Click to see b_king's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'd personnaly try contacting Suzuki and see what they say about it. You might be surprized and get a whole new bike, or a reimbursement of the cost for all the parts and labour done to you virtually new bike.

Did you buy the bike used from a dealer or a private sale?
Did the previous owner seem like he is a unreliable idiot who messes with thing's inside the motor without knowing what they do? That just might be your problem.
Was the bike raced? If yes, really hard?

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, one motto I always like to remember is DON'T BUY SUZUKI! (sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Good luck!

08 KLX450R

Josh53598
05 RM-Z250

Josh53598 has no Avatar

2 Posts

Posted on 04/29/2006 at 4:00:26 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Yeah i bought the bike Brand New from a Suzuki Dealership. I have been the only owner and have never taken the motor out. The only thing i do are basics such as oil change, filters, you know the usual. I ride the D class so the bike has never really been ridden hard. Thanks for your response...I guess i just need to give them a call Monday Morning..

b_king
Oakville, ON

Canada
4566 Posts

Posted on 04/30/2006 at 09:42:30 AM  Member Profile  Click to see b_king's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That is probably your best option right now. The dealership from which you bought the bike didn't say anything about it? Other than how much it will cost to fix it? I probably would not recommend giving them your future patronage. Just my thoughts...

Good luck with the call on Monday, hope it works out!

08 KLX450R

rmz dad
Anaheim, CA

rmz dad has no Avatar

USA
10 Posts

Posted on 07/20/2007 at 10:25:04 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
if you are taking it to the same person who did the gearing the first time ,then he should stand behind is work and fix his screw up that he did not seee the first time he went into the motor.thats rediculious that you have had all those problems

06 RM-Z450

250f canuck
Super Tuner

Canada
2213 Posts

Posted on 07/21/2007 at 08:39:56 AM  Member Profile  Click to see 250f canuck's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Josh53598

did i get a "lemon".

Well, they are both yellow.

I've seen similar things with Suzukis. I was in a bike shop and the mechanic was telling me about this kid who brought in a relatively new RM125 with the countershaft hanging out the side of the engine. Apparently it made a real mess of the bike.

Frankly, I agree with b_king's motto.

01 WR250F - with lots of goodies

FrankV
04 KX250F

FrankV has no Avatar

Netherlands
2 Posts

Posted on 07/31/2007 at 02:46:32 AM  Member Profile  Visit FrankV's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You were in very bad luck... but both problems are well-known problems of this bike:

The transmission gears are bad; usually one fails, which messes up the rest in the process. Has been fixed for 07 (/08).
The kickstart-gears get out of alignment (because of...?), put pressure on the cases and break them. I had the same problem. I don't think this has been fixed yet. Just don't forget to not hammer it when starting, it's just a 250F which should go down and start pretty easily.

Also, these are Kawasaki's (04/05) maybe Suzuki doesn't have these problems since they now make their own 250F's?

[ Who said white men can't jump...?! ][ www.flakkeeoffroadteam.nl ]

hondarocks61
Milford, MA

USA
479 Posts

Posted on 07/31/2007 at 08:36:35 AM  Member Profile  Send hondarocks61 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
this is rediculous, if you buy a bike this new and you arnt beating on it and in the first year you dumped 2000 bucks worth of oem parts and labor in it, you should complain to suzuki, not even 250f's blow up this easy!!! especially not hondas you dont want a lemon, but your lucky if you get an apple!

my new slogan: nascar, the only extreme sport that doesnt take talent!

rogersj
Twillingate, Nfd

Canada
861 Posts

Posted on 07/31/2007 at 09:26:53 AM  Member Profile  Visit rogersj's Homepage  Click to see rogersj's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
DON'T BUY SUZUKI!
thanks alot lol

07 DR650SE - K&N air filter air box mod, Dynojet kit, DRZ 250 tail light, and supertrapp racing series slip-on exhaust.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2014 4Strokes.com Forums Forums Code by Snitz Forums 2000 Click to go to top Go to top of page
Copyright © 2013 4Strokes.com | All Rights Reserved | Terms of Use | Sitemap | Link to 4Strokes.com | Facebook | Share This Page