4Strokes.com
KTM Home Four Strokes Articles Classifieds Free Ads 4stroke Forums motorbike Games cycle Images quads Videos dirt bike Ride Info 4wheelers Sponsors rider Technical freebies Contests site Search dirt cycle Contact off road
help with chain (ttr 125) on 4Strokes.com Forums

4Strokes.com Forums

Classifieds | Honda CRF | Honda XR/XL | Kawasaki | KTM | Suzuki | Yamaha | Chinese | Other Makes | ATV | Misc | Ride

Active Topics | Subscriptions | All Forums | Register | Members | Search Forums | Forum How-To's | Policies | Contact
Username:    Password:  
Remain Logged In (Easier for return visits)
Click to Reset Password
 All Forums
 Yamaha Four-Stroke 2-Wheel Forums
 Yamaha 4-Stroke - All Other Topics
 help with chain (ttr 125)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

muddiest
TT-R230

muddiest has no Avatar

USA
15 Posts

Topic started on 03/04/2007 at 1:55:35 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
HEY

i have a ttr 125

so when im riding in my woods or wherever i lean the bike over on its left side, like turning sharp or somthing, and the chain falls off.

I already have chain guards but i think part of the bottom one broke off.

so if you could tell me what the problem is, even if its just i need new gaurds, that be great.

thanks

b_king
Oakville, ON

Canada
4566 Posts

Posted on 03/04/2007 at 3:13:37 PM  Member Profile  Click to see b_king's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Either the chain guide on the bottom of the swingarm broke off or you're axle is loose and is moving forward causing too much slack and the chain falls off. This happened to my buddies XR80.

Good luck!

08 KLX450R

rgeorge
07 CRF230F

rgeorge has no Avatar

8 Posts

Posted on 04/15/2007 at 10:45:23 AM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
If the white piece of plastic on the bottom of the swig arm os broke off maybe you should consider replacing that or loosening up the to bolts on either side and adjustig that to move the back wheel back further to tighten up the chain

2007 CRF230F - Awesome bike!
2005 TTR125L - Sold

ikarus1
Charlotte, NC

USA
158 Posts

Posted on 04/18/2007 at 09:05:25 AM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
most likely your sprockets are worn to the point the teeth no longer hold the chain. Does it fall off mainly when your suspension is moving? If so, get yourself a new chain/sprocket kit.

Yamaha TTR125
Baja DR50
Baja WD50 ATV

larry0101
Toronto, Ont

Canada
12 Posts

Posted on 08/15/2007 at 5:25:34 PM  Member Profile  Click to see larry0101's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i had the same problem with my ttr 125 it keept falling off really anoying when going through mud puddles but ya wat setting is it on now??? what i did for mine was i toke out a link to shorten it i know people say not to do that because it weakenes ur chain but it is holding up fine

01 TT-R125

motokid
Braintree, MA

USA
169 Posts

Posted on 09/09/2007 at 9:06:17 PM  Member Profile  Send motokid an AOL message  Reply with Quote
check the motor mounts. the motor mounts on my sisters bike broke on the engine causing the engine to flex when the throttle was applied. idn odds are not but hey any thing is possible i guess

06 CRF250R
07 YZ250F - White Edition
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2014 4Strokes.com Forums Forums Code by Snitz Forums 2000 Click to go to top Go to top of page
Copyright © 2013 4Strokes.com | All Rights Reserved | Terms of Use | Sitemap | Link to 4Strokes.com | Facebook | Share This Page