4Strokes.com Forums

Classifieds | Honda CRF | Honda XR/XL | Kawasaki | KTM | Suzuki | Yamaha | Chinese | Other Makes | ATV | Misc | Ride

Active Topics | Subscriptions | All Forums | Register | Members | Search Forums | Forum How-To's | Policies | Contact
Username:    Password:  
Remain Logged In (Easier for return visits)
Click to Reset Password
 All Forums
 Chinese 4S Dirt Bike, Scooter & ATV Forums
 Chinese 4-Stroke - Frame, Body & Electrical
 Baja 50 - No Spark
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tom1762
Baja DR50

tom1762 has no Avatar

10 Posts

Topic started on 03/31/2007 at 2:54:57 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
I couple of weeks ago my son's DR50 wouldn't fire at the plug. We checked connections, switched plugs...still no good, then just fired away like there wasn't ever a problem. I put a new piston & ring set in last weekend and haven't gotten a spark since. I'm not sure where to start and really need some help with this before my son sends me to the looney bin because he wants to ride! Of course, I'm trying to limit the money I put into it because of what I've already replaced a brake lever, silencer, air filter, piston kit and shields. Help!!

Smokin101
Panama City, FL

Smokin101 has no Avatar

USA
333 Posts

Posted on 03/31/2007 at 7:11:49 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
Assuming you absolutely have no spark, and there isn't something else. You probably need a new coil. That little box that the spark plug wire goes to. You have to buy the whole thing, plug wire and coil since they're one piece. I had to replace one just the other day for that very reason. Just wondering, are you using the stock carb? If so it will give you troubles, and seem like you're not getting a spark. Take the spark plug out, connect it to the plug wire, and have someone kick start the motor while you hold the plug next to the engine head. About a 1/4 inch away from the head. See if it sparks. A darkened area may help. Don't touch the plug! OUCH! Just the plug wire.

tom1762
Baja DR50

tom1762 has no Avatar

10 Posts

Posted on 07/24/2007 at 5:43:52 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
Discovered a bad connection behind the stator housing. Bike ran good until about a month ago and just quit running...no spark. Replaced coil and CDI but still no spark. Help?!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2014 4Strokes.com Forums Forums Code by Snitz Forums 2000 Click to go to top Go to top of page
Copyright © 2014 4Strokes.com | All Rights Reserved | Terms of Use | Sitemap | Link to 4Strokes.com