4Strokes.com
Baja DR50: Won't Start After New Piston Kit on 4Strokes.com Forums

4Strokes.com Forums

Classifieds | Honda CRF | Honda XR/XL | Kawasaki | KTM | Suzuki | Yamaha | Chinese | Other Makes | ATV | Misc | Ride

Active Topics | Subscriptions | All Forums | Register | Members | Search Forums | Forum How-To's | Policies | Contact
Username:    Password:  
Remain Logged In (Easier for return visits)
Click to Reset Password
 All Forums
 Chinese 4S Dirt Bike, Scooter & ATV Forums
 Chinese 4-Stroke - Powertrain & Drivetrain
 Baja DR50: Won't Start After New Piston Kit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tom1762
Baja DR50

tom1762 has no Avatar

10 Posts

Topic started on 04/15/2007 at 6:45:46 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
Since I'm new to the four-stroke world, I need some assistance with a problem I'm having with my son's DR50. I replaced the piston and rings a couple of weeks ago and the engine would not start...no spark. I discovered the blue/yellow wire had been broken behind the flywheel. I fixed the wire yet the engine still won't start but do have spark. I've double-checked and the timing is correct, and I'm assuming the electrical is good since there is spark. What's my next move to get this thing running again for my son?

Smokin101
Panama City, FL

Smokin101 has no Avatar

USA
333 Posts

Posted on 04/15/2007 at 10:58:25 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's some things to get you started.

- Spark plug gap.
- Valve gaps, intake and exhaust.
- Carburetor/Air filter, inspect and clean
- Head gasket, check for leaks(for example, kick start the bike, and at the same time feel for air escaping around the head gasket)

Hopefully you didn't lose any of the oil seals that go on the cylinder, including the one with the metal ring. That one w/ the metal ring may cause compression to escape if it's missing.

Pit Bikes
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2014 4Strokes.com Forums Forums Code by Snitz Forums 2000 Click to go to top Go to top of page
Copyright © 2014 4Strokes.com | All Rights Reserved | Terms of Use | Sitemap | Link to 4Strokes.com