4Strokes.com
Baja Dirt Runner 125 on 4Strokes.com Forums

4Strokes.com Forums

Classifieds | Honda CRF | Honda XR/XL | Kawasaki | KTM | Suzuki | Yamaha | Chinese | Other Makes | ATV | Misc | Ride

Active Topics | Subscriptions | All Forums | Register | Members | Search Forums | Forum How-To's | Policies | Contact
Username:    Password:  
Remain Logged In (Easier for return visits)
Click to Reset Password
 All Forums
 Chinese 4S Dirt Bike, Scooter & ATV Forums
 Chinese 4-Stroke - All Other Topics
 Baja Dirt Runner 125
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dirtbike111

dirtbike111 has no Avatar

5 Posts

Topic started on 05/14/2007 at 5:36:22 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
Im looking into buying a Baja dirt runner 125, seems like a good bike, but ive been told that they arent good at all...would anyone know whether or not the are good reliable bikes, or whether i should stay away from it. What would be some of the most typical errors, or things that break on the bike? thank you all in advance!

P.S: i am buying this bike for 1100$ i think it is, brand new at canadian tire, down in sault ste marie ontario

theres a pic of the bike...

sparta4188
Sparta, NJ

USA
1073 Posts

Posted on 05/14/2007 at 6:47:52 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
well, it depends, if this is your first bike it will be good for a starter bike. If your new your not going to be riding it hard so it will be fine. If you plan to do wheelies, stunt , jump it, rock climbing,go fast or anything of that sort, do not buy it. It is so heavy, with not much power to move it. I am 5'7 115lbs and play many sports so im not that small and when i got that bike (my first dirt bike) i fell over several times, but i also started in the dead of winter so that didn't help much. My friend had a ttr 125 and it would beat me everywhere. because i was new i thought it was me. So , i jumped on his bike and i realized that my bike is a POS. The ttr has so much more acceleration ,top end, suspension and overall it is much better. so basically from my experience don't buy it.

Notice my signature

01 400EX

dirtbike111

5 Posts

Posted on 05/14/2007 at 9:10:13 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks, all im going to do is like putt around my lot and in bush trails...ill go fast but thats it, so jumps rocks or wheelies or nothing, just nice trail riding...would the bike be good for stuff like that?
thanks alot...anyone else have a 125 dirt runner? how is it for you guys?
thank in advance!

dirtbike111

5 Posts

Posted on 05/14/2007 at 9:12:23 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry forgot to mention this, im 6 foot and 155 pounds, 16 years old, so i think i could keep up the bike...lol, but still, im more worried about the mechanical aspects of the bike

dirtbike111

5 Posts

Posted on 05/15/2007 at 2:22:53 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
anyone else have comments on the bikes performance abd reliability?

dirtbike111

5 Posts

Posted on 05/16/2007 at 3:34:45 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
anyone ??

hondarocks61
Milford, MA

USA
479 Posts

Posted on 05/19/2007 at 4:12:35 PM  Member Profile  Send hondarocks61 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well,in general, these chinese bikes are ok, but they are hard to find parts for, like sparta said, its chinese, all chinese bikes are sort of like throwaway bikes.these things are fun to mess around on but there not very high quality...(ps, your spamming in your own topic!)

-good luck with your decision

my new slogan: nascar, the only extreme sport that doesnt take talent!

burnout
White Oak, PA

burnout has no Avatar

USA
9 Posts

Posted on 06/08/2007 at 09:55:27 AM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
yea man I have this bike as well and it is a decent started bike, but has a weak top speed and not good for jumping. There are hardly any stores that service these bikes but you should be able to find one. The bike was reliable for me until 5months down the road and it started grinding and making strange noises inside the engine(lower crank case). Dont think ill ever get a Chinese bike again. btw I was riding with my friend on his cr80 and eventho it was a 2 stroke it still was blowing this dirt runner out. but it has decent low end torque and is aight for trails. hope this helped

Baja DR125

baja125
Talyor Mill, KY

USA
15 Posts

Posted on 06/10/2007 at 10:22:48 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
ya baja's ar a good set of bikes i have the 125 blue baja 4 stroke i ride about every day there is just a few thinks that suck about them since they are not brand names if you brake a part you have to wait for the new part or if you can find a baja dealer near you and you have to go and check to see if any bolts have came loose after your last ride i got mine from pepboys for like $1100 i think they also had a 200cc witch looked nice

125cc Baja DR 2005 model
230 Suzuki quad sport
420 Honda rancher
200 blaster
185 or 200cc go-kart/mini dragster

baja125
Talyor Mill, KY

USA
15 Posts

Posted on 06/12/2007 at 2:00:49 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
you know that if you leave the stickers on it, it will look way better i wish that i never took mine off

125cc Baja DR 2005 model
230 Suzuki quad sport
420 Honda rancher
200 blaster
185 or 200cc go-kart/mini dragster
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2014 4Strokes.com Forums Forums Code by Snitz Forums 2000 Click to go to top Go to top of page
Copyright © 2014 4Strokes.com | All Rights Reserved | Terms of Use | Sitemap | Link to 4Strokes.com