4Strokes.com
KlX300 hard to start on 4Strokes.com Forums

4Strokes.com Forums

Classifieds | Honda CRF | Honda XR/XL | Kawasaki | KTM | Suzuki | Yamaha | Chinese | Other Makes | ATV | Misc | Ride

Active Topics | Subscriptions | All Forums | Register | Members | Search Forums | Forum How-To's | Policies | Contact
Username:    Password:  
Remain Logged In (Easier for return visits)
Click to Reset Password
 All Forums
 Kawasaki Four-Stroke 2-Wheel Forums
 All Kawasaki 4-Stroke Related Topics
 KlX300 hard to start
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cqctt1
01 KLX300R

cqctt1 has no Avatar

4 Posts

Topic started on 07/12/2007 at 07:39:40 AM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
2001 klx300r, all free mods, stroker exhaust system, dynojet. This has been a great running bike for the past 3 years, BUT lately after riding for 10-15 miles once I shut it off it will not restart until I drain the float bowl and kick forever. It has also started to run hot after this ride. I live in CO. at 5000 ft. and the amb. temp is in the mid 90s. I run a 1.6lb radiator cap, 128 mainjet-3rd clip and 2 turns on the screw. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

250f canuck
Super Tuner

Canada
2213 Posts

Posted on 07/12/2007 at 09:12:34 AM  Member Profile  Click to see 250f canuck's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Check the valve clearances, they sound tight. The 128 main sounds rather lean, but if that's what the jet kit says for 5000', then it's probably right. The main jet shouldn't affect starting anyway.

Good luck.

01 WR250F - with lots of goodies
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2014 4Strokes.com Forums Forums Code by Snitz Forums 2000 Click to go to top Go to top of page
Copyright © 2014 4Strokes.com | All Rights Reserved | Terms of Use | Sitemap | Link to 4Strokes.com