4Strokes.com
CRF 100 (valve adjustment issues) on 4Strokes.com Forums

4Strokes.com Forums

Classifieds | Honda CRF | Honda XR/XL | Kawasaki | KTM | Suzuki | Yamaha | Chinese | Other Makes | ATV | Misc | Ride

Active Topics | Subscriptions | All Forums | Register | Members | Search Forums | Forum How-To's | Policies | Contact
Username:    Password:  
Remain Logged In (Easier for return visits)
Click to Reset Password
 All Forums
 Honda CRF Forums
 Honda CRF - Powertrain & Drivetrain
 CRF 100 (valve adjustment issues)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KTM250mex
2004 CRF100F

2 Posts

Topic started on 10/16/2007 at 4:47:47 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello I have a 2004 CRF100 and i need some help on valve adjustment the exhaust valve is factory set at 5mm and i know the intake needs to be the same. But the intake is so far out of adjustment it's at a pencil thickness and there is no compression but when i reset the intake valve to factory specs you can't kick start it it acts like the motor seized up! Help

ThumperTDC
Thumpalicious

USA
6555 Posts

Posted on 10/17/2007 at 12:16:10 PM  Member Profile  Visit ThumperTDC's Homepage  Send ThumperTDC an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Topic moved

Just curious, but is the 100 similar to the XR400 as in having to have the cam lobes pointing down to adjust the valves in order to take the tension off of the valve springs to get a proper adjustment?

2005 KTM 525MXC - The new canvas
1998 Honda XR450 - The master piece

In loving memory of my son Nicolas "Cole" Allen Carter 10/5/05

KTM250mex
2004 CRF100F

2 Posts

Posted on 10/17/2007 at 2:13:58 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ThumperTDC

Topic moved

Just curious, but is the 100 similar to the XR400 as in having to have the cam lobes pointing down to adjust the valves in order to take the tension off of the valve springs to get a proper adjustment?

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2014 4Strokes.com Forums Forums Code by Snitz Forums 2000 Click to go to top Go to top of page
Copyright © 2014 4Strokes.com | All Rights Reserved | Terms of Use | Sitemap | Link to 4Strokes.com | Facebook | Share This Page