4Strokes.com
KTM Home Four Strokes Articles Classifieds Free Ads 4stroke Forums motorbike Games cycle Images quads Videos dirt bike Ride Info 4wheelers Sponsors rider Technical freebies Contests site Search dirt cycle Contact off road
difference between 1985 xl and xr 600? on 4Strokes.com Forums

4Strokes.com Forums

Classifieds | Honda CRF | Honda XR/XL | Kawasaki | KTM | Suzuki | Yamaha | Chinese | Other Makes | ATV | Misc | Ride

Active Topics | Subscriptions | All Forums | Register | Members | Search Forums | Forum How-To's | Policies | Contact
Username:    Password:  
Remain Logged In (Easier for return visits)
Click to Reset Password
 All Forums
 Honda CT FMX NX XL XR Z Forums
 CT FMX NX XL XR Z - All Other Topics
 difference between 1985 xl and xr 600?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

johnnybow
Corsica, PA

johnnybow has no Avatar

USA
17 Posts

Topic started on 03/09/2010 at 3:25:03 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 85 xl600. Whats the diffences between the xl and xrs? thanks

85 XL600R

Reggie
Auckland, NZ

New Zealand
260 Posts

Posted on 03/10/2010 at 12:13:27 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
If you're wanting to know something specific about what parts are interchangeable motor wise then ask that question. I can't be bothered going through an entire list,,suffice to say both engines fit in either frame..

1989 XR600 Running an XL600 bore and piston,,CRF250-X Muffler.

johnnybow
Corsica, PA

johnnybow has no Avatar

USA
17 Posts

Posted on 03/12/2010 at 06:50:45 AM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
Reggie, just trying to make conversation. Sorry wont let it happen again

85 XL600R

Reggie
Auckland, NZ

New Zealand
260 Posts

Posted on 03/24/2010 at 4:53:39 PM  Member Profile  Reply with Quote
No need to take it that way. All I'm saying is it's a lot of typing outlining what will interchange internally within the motors.,not to mention slightly technical in some areas. Suffice to say all the parts inside the motors can be used in either engine with some work,,ie not a lot of work really if you're half competent. I'm not any sort of person you should feel the need to say sorry to for asking the question,,I'm just another human like you who likes XR/XL'S. The engines and things are much the same..They swap in and out between both models including the XR500 RFVC from the oldest right through to the most modern including the 650-L..Frame bits, ie Sidecovers,Tanks,Seats etc don't really mix between the XL/XR. Different mounting points and the frames are ever so slightly different in places..Swingarms,Forks rear shocks etc can be swapped around with a little bit of work on the twin carb models. Single carb models are slightly different in the rear shock and carb attachment dept but the same more or less in the Fork swapping dept as the twin carbers. Power wise between the two I don't feel their's a lot of difference though I believe the XL with the right Muffler etc is a bit faster than my XR with the same setup on it. Anyway, hope that goes some way too answering your query and don't ever feel you need to apologize to me for asking anything..I'm no lawman or guru here. Happy biking.

1989 XR600 Running an XL600 bore and piston,,CRF250-X Muffler.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2014 4Strokes.com Forums Forums Code by Snitz Forums 2000 Click to go to top Go to top of page
Copyright © 2014 4Strokes.com | All Rights Reserved | Terms of Use | Sitemap | Link to 4Strokes.com | Facebook | Share This Page