YZ426F Won't Run w/o Choke

Introduce yourself, what you ride, post pics, seek or offer help, general chit-chat.
4Strokes
Site Admin

YZ426F Won't Run w/o Choke

Postby 4Strokes » Mon May 23, 2016 9:06 am

Topic: Yz426F Won't run w/o choke out
Author: ekitchen6
Posted: 09/24/2009 12:09:00 PM

Hey Guys, I am having a problem with my carb. The bike won't run without the choke out. Even after it warms up I have to keep the choke out to run. It sucks. Can anyone give me some help. I am new to the forum It also like to backfire when the throttle is let up. There is not mods completely stock. I live in Florida if that helps any. Probably not but Thanks for the help yall.

Reply by wr250f95 on 09/24/2009 3:33:07 PM
clean the jets with carb cleaner, specificaly the pilot, but if its plugged I wouldnt doubt the others are much better.

Reply by ekitchen6 on 09/24/2009 5:27:09 PM
Well thanks wr250f95. Not long after posting I found another post similar to the one I posted for a 250. Just got done cleaning all the jets and port holes. Put everything back together and to no avail, it didn't work. It did however starts easier but still have to pull out the choke to keep her running. Thanks for the reply anyway. If you have any other suggestions they are more than welcome. Talk to you all soon. Thanks.

Reply by Admin on 09/24/2009 6:25:00 PM
Check for an air leak in the intake boot.

Reply by ekitchen6 on 09/24/2009 7:01:16 PM
Thanks Admin. I did go over the boot and did not notice anything unusual, but didn't take alot of time to do it. I will check that out tomorrow. I also has been backfiring alot and sputtering at a 1/4 throttle. Maybe that will help also. Thanks yall talk to you soon.

Reply by wr250f95 on 09/25/2009 07:29:40 AM
clean it again, make sure you can blow through the pilot jet, its possible if it sat for long enough that it didnt come all the way clean. sometimes you can never get it all the way clean and will just have to buy a new one

Reply by ekitchen6 on 09/25/2009 7:46:22 PM
Ok. I checked the boot and no luck. I will try cleaning the carb again. Maybe letting it soak in some parts cleaner overnight or something. I took out all the jets and everything was looking good. All jets got air through after cleaning them and then blowing through them. Will try again, if that dosn't work I guess I will have to get another or just take it to the shop. Thanks all talk to ya soon and let you know what I find.

Reply by 250f canuck on 09/27/2009 7:25:32 PM
What is the position of the fuel screw? It may be set too far in (leaner) and needs to be backed off some (richer). This would be a good time to buy an aftermarket screw with an easy adjust knob if the bike doesn't already have on, the stock short screws are a pain to adjust. If backing it out doesn't help much (no more than 3 turns from fully seated), then go up a pilot jet size. Since you've cleaned and inspected everything, it sounds like some simple tuning is in order.

Original URL: 4strokes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31688 © 2016 4Strokes.com

Return to “Yamaha Community”